Terms of Use

Defamatory Content

We abide by the Code of Practice of the Press Council of Ireland.

The University Observer operates on a “notice and takedown” basis. If you believe that any content on universityobserver.ie contains a defamatory statement, please notify us immediately by sending an email to info@universityobserver.ie. Once this notification has been received, we will use all reasonable endeavours to review and remove the defamatory content complained about.

Links to Other Websites

Our website contains links to websites operated by third parties over which we have no control. These links are provided for your convenience only and do not amount to an endorsement or recommendation of those sites. We do not exercise any control or supervision over the content of these linked sites. We are not responsible for the content or accuracy of or for the opinions expressed in these third party websites and these websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us.

We accept no liability in relation to those sites and should you choose to access third party sites you do so at your own risk. Third party sites linked via universityobserver.ie are not covered by these Terms of Use. You should not assume that these third party websites will abide by the same privacy policy to which we adhere.