Show Patrol

Show Patrol

March 29thJames Blake – Whelan’s – €15March 30thGrant Hart (Husker Du) – The Workman’s club – €12The Frames – Vicar Street – €30Elbow – The O2 – €44.20Roisin O – Whelan’s – €10April 1stDum Dum Girls – Whelan’s – €17.50Inspirations in aid of Barretstown Feat Glen Hansard – Olympia Theatre – €30Modfest – The Village – €49.50April 2ndThe Blackout – The Academy – €18.50Westlife – The O2 – €54.80The Saw Doctors – Olympia Theatre – €24April 3rdJapanese Voyeurs – Academy 2 – €13.50Noah and the Whale – Whelan’s – €18April 4thMcFly – The O2 – €39.20April 5thChildren of Bodom plus guests – Vicar Street – €35.50April 6thBowling for Soup – The Academy – €25Bell X1 – Vicar Street – €33.60April 7thCloud Control – Academy 2 – €13.50Jessie J – The Academy – €14.50Ryan Sheridan – Whelan’s – €12Hamell on Trial – The Sugar Club – €15April 8thEsben and the Witch – Crawdaddy – €14Artificial Intelligence – The Twisted Pepper – €11.80April 9thToday is the Day – Whelan’s – €21Portugal the Man – Academy 2 – €13.50Brooke Fraser – The Sugar Club – €13.50The Unthanks – Vicar Street – €25April 10thClare Maguire – The Sugar Club – €15The Low Anthem – Vicar Street – €21~

Gig of the Fortnight: Noah and the Whale

April 3rd – Whelan’s – €18With their latest album, Last Days on Earth, under their belt, indie-folk band Noah and the Whale will be playing both Whelan’s and the Academy this April.They’ll be playing the collection from Last Night On Earth including the single ‘L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.’, which reached number one in the NME chart.Their latest offering presents a more upbeat and cheerful sound in comparison to their 2009 album, The First Days of Spring, which focused more on the breakup experienced between lead singer Charlie Fink and former member Laura Marling.With them showcasing new material since The First Days of Spring, catch them before they play Oxegen this summer.- Laura O’Connor