Recipe: Chicken and spinach pastaOisín McCorry shares one of his favourite recipes.As is the case with so many students starting out at college this year, I arrived at UCD with little to no knowledge of cooking. Takeaways were a nice short-term solution, but they would burn a hole in your pocket before long. So, if you’re as clueless as I am in the kitchen, this dish is the one for you. This dish can be ready in 20 minutes or less. It’s a nice one to make in between lectures if you’re stuck for time and left overs can be used for lunch the following day. As well as that, it’s hard to go too wrong with only 4 ingredients to work with. These ingredients are in most shops too, making it convenient. I hope you enjoy! Ingredients:
- 3 chicken fillets
- Half jar of sundried tomatoes
- Small bag of spinach
- Small tub of cream
Feel free to experiment and build upon this recipe, by adding seasoning or different vegetables.
- Heat olive oil in a pan until hot. Chop the chicken and add it to the pan. Fry until the chicken is cooked through and white on the outside.
- Dry the sundried tomatoes in a piece of kitchen paper and chop. Add to the pan with the spinach and cook until the spinach has shrivelled.
- Pour in the tub of cream and simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix with pasta and serve. (makes 2 servings)