Quick QuesadillaThe passage into student life comes the saddening realisation that you may not be able to keep up the habit of treating yourself to a cappuccino every morning and indulging in overpriced trendy Mexican restaurants. So, if anyone else is interested and would like to make tasty, and healthy(-ish) food at home for literally under €7, you may enjoy this recipe for a homemade quesadilla. It’s a nice one that hits the spot when you’re craving a cheeky takeaway. It takes under twenty minutes to make and makes for great hangover food! There is little space to go wrong with this general formula but feel free to play around with ingredients and add/takeaway spices depending on how you feel. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Chorizo & Cheese QuesadillaIngredients:
- 15g mozzarella or feta cheese and 15g cheddar cheese grated
- 22g cooked chorizo diced
- 2 falafels
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Cherry tomatoes or bell peppers chopped
- Small amount of de-seeded red pepper chopped
- 1 spring onion chopped
- Rocket leaves
- 1 tortilla wrap
- Vegetable oil
- Chilli sauce
- Serve with guacamole/salsa/hummus/sour cream/chilli sauce
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan on a low heat until warm. Add the falafel, chorizo, cherry tomatoes/peppers, garlic and red pepper. Season with salt/pepper/dried chilli flakes and fry on medium heat until nicely browned.
- Transfer cooked ingredients to a bowl and add cheese, spring onion and rocket, mix together.
- Take wrap and add chilli sauce to one side. Fill wrap with ingredients from bowl and fold over.
- Heat vegetable oil in pan on medium heat. Add the quesadilla to pan and cook each side for 4-5 minutes until browned. Press down with a spatula if necessary.
- Season and cut into quarters. Serve with desired condiments (guacamole/salsa/hummus/sour cream/chilli sauce), and feel proud of making such a delicious meal.