Write with us.

Join UCD's award-winning student newspaper.

Are you interested in getting involved in the world of student journalism? The University Observer is seeking section editors for Volume XXVI.

Positions Available;

Deputy Sports Editor
Law and Politics Editor
Business and Careers Editor
Philosophy and Religion Editor

To apply, please contact editor@universityobserver.ie with a short cover letter outlining reasons for applying and relevant experience and what you hope to do with the role, as well as a minimum of two relevant writing samples (links to online content are acceptable) from the University Observer or other publications.

The subject line of your email should read ‘Application for the position of’ followed by the title of the position you are applying for. If you wish to apply for more than one section editor position, please state which positions you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Candidates who are applying for more than one position must also explain why they are applying for each position separately in their cover letter and provide a minimum of two relevant writing samples for each position. The number of writing samples submitted may not exceed a total of five. Prior involvement with the University Observer is preferred, but not essential. You must be a registered student of University College Dublin to apply.

In your application, please provide your name, course and year of study. For details of open positions, please see above.

Applications for Volume XXVI Columnist and Staff Writer roles are open now.

For more information contact editor@universityobserver.ie