Neopets slippery slope to furry porn

It has come to the attention of the Harpy that Dublin City Council have allowed the erection (nice) of several enormous cartoon-style animal statues on Kildare Street, under the guise of “art”.

According to local weirdos, these creatures are called NEOPETS, the work of an “artist” identifying herself as Bunny Rogers – a name which alerts us to the very real possibility she is attempting to identify as a cartoon animal herself. Rogers has been cited as taking inspiration from online gaming and fantasy communities, which, it is common knowledge, are a breeding ground for perverts and immorality. By allowing these monstrosities to be placed in public view, Dublin City Council are actively encouraging every man, woman and child who passes by to accept the perverted move towards cartoon animal obsession being pushed by the media.

Originally the subtle propaganda of American companies, this moral disease has spread to our very doorstep. When they began, their methods were subtle: the once unspeakable, yet undeniable, sexual allure of Disney characters, such as fox Robin Hood, Mufasa from the Lion King or the Beast from Beauty and the Beast. Humnahumnahumna. But with these ideas planted in people’s heads from youth, the cult of the animated creature took hold, making children slaves to Moshi Monsters and Club Penguin, Pokémon and in this case, NEOPETS. 

We warned the world when Zootopia, released as a children’s film, made their characters explicitly attractive, and again when the presence of adults in “fursuits” began appearing. Our cries fell on deaf ears. Now, we beg of you, listen to our warnings. It is only a matter of time before they give the green light to hang pornographic anthropomorphic drawings in The National Gallery, and shun those who question them.