Culture Night: Experience Dublin City

Dublin Culture Night is approaching fast and this year is shaping up to be one of the best yet. For one night on Friday 18th September, a record breaking 230 venues around Dublin are opening their doors for a truly magical evening. This special night is to celebrate the culture and creativity of our historical capital. It’s a great night for visitors to discover Ireland and for the Irish to rediscover what is so unique about their own culture.An extensive night of cultural events all over Dublin will be open to the public. These include museums, galleries, studios, cathedrals, theatres, libraries, and much more. Many establishments are extending their opening times to ensure the public gets a chance to experience what they have to offer. Companies are putting on special workshops for communal enjoyment. Vendors from all over will be set up with treats and trinkets. Over 20 tours are being offered from Lazy bike Tours, while a horse and carriage adventure through the history of Irish fashion will be on offer.Some of this city's most famous attractions like the Christ Church Cathedral, Guinness Storehouse and the National Museum of Ireland will also be hosting events on the night. There is something to cater to everyone’s taste.For those interested in music and dancing, head over to Smithfield Square where Bluefire is said to be delivering a spectacular performance. Live music, dancing, and tables of tasty treats will be taking place in this up-and-coming area of Dublin. If film is your thing then be sure to check out the Irish Film Institute. They are offering free, family-friendly screenings of Irish short films about the history of Ireland. If you want to have a bit of fun and get a workout in at the same time, join Aerial Cirque for a special class on aerial silk dancing, which will be a Cirque Du Soleil type of event for those who are a little more adventurous.If all these aren’t reason enough to delve into Dublin’s cultural experiences, then perhaps the fact that it is all free of charge will draw you in. All the more reason you should come and spend the evening in this bright and vibrant city. Netflix will still be there when you get home, so get up off the couch, grab a group of friends and come join the community for a night of spectacular entertainment. Experience Dublin like you never have before and soak in all the amazing things this city has to offer.